Friday, March 9, 2012

Teacher, Leader, We Implore You

After a prayer of Clement of Rome (First Century)

Text: John A. Dalles, March 9, 2012
Tune: BEACH SPRING
Meter: 8787D

Teacher, Leader, we implore you,
Be our helper, our strong arm;
help us worship and adore you,
As you shield us from all harm.
Be our hope when hearts are heavy,
Be our joy when skies are gray,
Teacher, Leader, we adore you,
Every moment, every day!

Teacher, Leader, we implore you,
Be our savior, be our friend;
Help us love you and adore you,
And walk with you to the end!
Be our guide when we are baffled;
Be our home when we return.
Teacher, Leader, we adore you,
All your goodness, we would learn!

Teacher, Leader, we implore you,
Be our master, be our king;
help us serve you and adore you,
Our best blessings may we bring!
Raise the fallen, tend the needy,
Feed the hungry, bless the poor,
Teacher, Leader, we live for you,
This new day and ever more!


Copyright © 2012, John A. Dalles

I have posted several of my newest hymns on this blog. You may print and use the ones that appear under my copyright ownership, here, one-time in worship, with proper copyright information noted at the bottom of the page you distribute in worship. Please, let me know you plan to use a hymn, by sending me an email. Afterward, send me 1 copy of the bulletin. I don’t charge a fee for one-time use, but encourage a small donation to Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, 616 N Highland Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15026, "In honor of the hymns of John A. Dalles". You may see more of my hymns here:


For more of my hymns click here: New Hymn Texts of John A. Dalles

No comments: