Saturday, March 10, 2012

May God The Father Bless Us

A benedictory hymn after a prayer of Æthelwold (908-984)

Text: John A. Dalles, March 10, 2012
Tune: WOODWARD’S LITANY
Meter: 7777


May God the Father bless us;
May Christ the Son care for us;
The Holy Spirit teach us;
Every moment of our life!



May God be our defender;
May Christ be our sure keeper;
The Spirit our protector;
Of our body and our soul!



May God Almighty bless us;
May Christ the Savior guide us;
And may God’s Spirit fill us;
On this day and ever more.





Copyright © 2012, John A. Dalles

I have posted several of my newest hymns on this blog. You may print and use the ones that appear under my copyright ownership, here, one-time in worship, with proper copyright information noted at the bottom of the page you distribute in worship. Please, let me know you plan to use a hymn, by sending me an email. Afterward, send me 1 copy of the bulletin. I don’t charge a fee for one-time use, but encourage a small donation to Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, 616 N Highland Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15026, "In honor of the hymns of John A. Dalles". You may see more of my hymns here:


For more of my hymns click here: New Hymn Texts of John A. Dalles

No comments: