Saturday, March 10, 2012

Our God, God Of All Human Kind

After a prayer of St. Patrick (389-461)

Text: John A. Dalles, March 10, 2012
Tune: CANBERRA
Meter: CMD

Our God, God of all human kind,
We offer you our praise,
We give you every heart and mind,
And pledge to walk your ways!
O God of heaven and of earth,
Of rivers, moon and sun,
Of all the stars, and of our birth,
We praise you, every one!

God, you inspire and quicken things,
To thrive as you have planned.
The fish that swim, birds' feathery wings,
All creatures o’er the land.
You own all things, support all things,
Cause stars and suns to shine;
No wonder all creation sings,
As sings this heart of mine!

You have made wells in arid lands,
Pure fountains, clear and cold,
You carved the canyons with your hands,
High mountains, big and bold!
You placed the islands in the sea,
Placed lofty peaks above;
You placed your breath in such as me,
And in our hearts, your love!

God of high mountains, valleys low,
Of shady glades and hills,
God over heaven and below,
Imagination thrills!
O God, who dwells on earth and sea,
In every time and place,
Now, make your dwelling place in me,
And all who sing your praise!


Copyright © 2012, John A. Dalles

I have posted several of my newest hymns on this blog. You may print and use the ones that appear under my copyright ownership, here, one-time in worship, with proper copyright information noted at the bottom of the page you distribute in worship. Please, let me know you plan to use a hymn, by sending me an email. Afterward, send me 1 copy of the bulletin. I don’t charge a fee for one-time use, but encourage a small donation to Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, 616 N Highland Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15026, "In honor of the hymns of John A. Dalles". You may see more of my hymns here:


For more of my hymns click here: New Hymn Texts of John A. Dalles


No comments: