Here are a few photos that Anne sent while changing planes in Charlotte, NC. We love NC, and have spent the past 23 years vacationing there, though not in Charlotte. We have enjoyed our occasional visits to Charlotte including worshiping in several of the many wonderful Presbyterian Churches there. Anne's view of the Charlotte skyline is from the airport. She also sent a view of a plane at the airport though I do not think it is the one she is taking to Munich. Too bad, the red color is very appealing. Vermilion, one might say. Also, Anne is continuing the "Turkey Theme" on her trip, having bought a turkey, provolone and cucumber sub for her evening meal (which she can now gobble, gobble).
Here are some Charlotte facts:
- Population: 731,424
- Total Square Miles: 267.8
- Charlotte/Douglas Airport Activity: Average of 525 airline flights daily
- Fortune 500 presence: 292 Fortune 500 firms represented
- Nicknamed the Queen City, Charlotte was named in honor of Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, who had become queen consort of British King George III the year before the city's founding.
- More Presbyterian Churches than any other city in the USA, except Pittsburgh