Thursday, March 22, 2012

Look Ma! No Stripes!







I thought I would take a stroll round the church and photograph it when the lot is not only empty but also freshly resealed and as yet without any stripes. It is a perfect day with N. C. Wyeth clouds, as Martha likes to say. (I do, too!) Martha is our Thursday afternoon "Ring Catcher" and also is with her sister Kathy, in charge of Wekiva's free tutoring program called "Tutor House". Martha and I have a running joke that if it is Thursday it is raining. But that is not the case at all today. It is a marvelous spring day in every way.




Did I mention that Martha's husband Vic is our Property Manager, so he is the one who has helped us spruce up the parking lot. Hooray! It really does look pretty.




The stripes are yet to come. The cones are still up. If they were not, we would be having "free style" parking, or if you prefer "improvisational parking". Not recommended. Otherwise, I would have to use Lady Violet's line to advise the errant drivers, "You're not Toad of Toad Hall." Indeed, often, with or without stripes, the lot looks more like this:



No comments: