Monday, January 30, 2012

And I Quote...

These are actual quotes of remarks by real people who have been much in the news of late in our state. I hope their bon mots will bring a smile to your visage.

“I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that’s the America millions of Americans believe in. That’s the America I love.” - Mitt Romney (Whose favorite author just might be Gertrude Stein.)

“There’s a large part of me that’s four years old. I wake up in the morning and I know that somewhere there’s a cookie. I don’t know where it is but I know it’s mine and I have to go find it. That’s how I live my life. My life is amazingly filled with fun.” - Newt Gingrich (Our dog Brantley would agree with him 100 percent.)

"Obviously, I can't represent every person's viewpoint." - Rick Santorum (who is welcome to give it a try nonetheless.)

"You're thinking of Europe as Germany and France. I don't. I think that's old Europe." - Ron Paul (The new Europe he is thinking of being, perhaps, Liechtenstein, Monaco and San Marino?)

...and impartially speaking...


"Now that's my phone buzzing there. I don't want you to think I'm getting fresh or anything." - President Obama (Said to a woman standing next to him, with whom he was being photographed, when his cell phone began to vibrate.)

Okay men, if those are your stories, you stick with 'em!

Who says politics isn't fun?

No comments: