Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Children's Sermon Time - 8:30 a.m. - Youth Sunday

On this past Sunday the senior highs of the congregation took the lead in worship and to echo a series of books:  "On Sunday, The Pastor Sat In The Congregation".  In fact, this is my vantage point from the early service that morning, during the Children's Sermon.  You can see the youth leaders in the Chancel.  The morning featured all of our senior highs leading in one way or another from being in the Chancel to greeting and ushering, and four of our graduating seniors gave the sermons. 

In the evening, we saw a "slide show" (do we still call them that?) of the work that our Senior Highs and their leaders did in Columbia, SC, this summer on the mission trip.  It was fun, especially, to see all of the individual photos of every participant, who, if my eyes did not deceive me, were posed in front of a very cooperative white crepe myrtle in bloom.  It took me a while to catch on to that, and at one point I thought that Karen and her daughter Allison were wearing flowers in their hair, but then when we got to the guys, I figured it out.  (As I say, it was the pastor's day off!)

Well done, one and all!

No comments: