Saturday, October 28, 2023

Trinity UCC in East Petersburg PA Marks its 175th Anniversary, Tomorrow, with a Hymn I Wrote for Them

 

Trinity United Church of Christ, in East Petersburg, Pennsylvania (Lancaster County) is celebrating its 175th Anniversary tomorrow in worship.  I have mentioned previously that they commissioned me to write a hymn for their anniversary.  

I grew up in East Petersburg, and while we were not members of this congregation, we have many friends who were and are, and have happy associations with the church.  So I was particularly pleased to be asked to write their hymn.

The church is justly famous for its warm hospitality and well-known for its beautiful stained glass window shown here:



Here is a look at the bulletin for the Anniversary Sunday (tomorrow).  The worship service is streamed on Facebook.  The hymn will be sung for the first time, as the conclusion of worship.



Update:

Here are several photos from the anniversary worship service, showing the church's pastor Chris Rankin and one of the sanctuary windows.  The camera never showed the congregation, otherwise I would include that as well.











No comments: