Monday, July 12, 2021

Weddings Then and Now...

Now here’s something that doesn’t happen every day. This past weekend I was very honored to officiate at a wedding at Fox Chapel Presbyterian Church. Something I’ve done many times before. But this more than likely is the last time I’ll do that; since we are moving back to Central Florida this week.  (For more about that read my previous post).

Every wedding is special. There’s one particular reason that this one stands out, apart from every other wedding that I’ve done.

The bride is the daughter of a couple whose wedding I did when I was serving Fox Chapel Presbyterian Church in the years 1987 to 1997. I’ve never before had an opportunity to perform a wedding of someone whose parents' wedding I also did. So it makes the moment all that more memorable.

The wedding itself was beautiful. After the postlude, when all of the guest had departed the sanctuary, the parents of the bride, and other members of their wedding party from April 30, 1994, gathered in the chancel to re-create the photograph, so we have a then photo, and a now photo.









No comments: