Thursday, June 19, 2014

Americus, Georgia

It was four summers ago that Judy and I took a planned relaxing drive from here to Birmingham, Alabama, in order to attend and lead a workshop at the annual meeeting of The Hymn Society.

We wanted to see some of the sights along the way, rather than hurry at breakneck speed, and so we stopped here and there. Some time ago I posted on the blog some of what we saw when we went to Americus, Georgia. Later, those posts were taken down, when I was informed that I had maxed out my photo space on the blog.

So when Anne asked me to write about Americus for "Drive the Nation" I was glad to recall some of what we saw and did, and add to it some of what I wish we could have done--chief among the wish-we-could was to have attended a Sunday School Class taught by Jimmy Carter. To read my article on "Drive the Nation" click the link below:

AMERICUS, GEORGIA

No comments: